Good morning -
My full name is Tiffany Beatrice Platt Worwood. I was born on September 14, 1979, which makes me 31 years old. I am the sixth of seven children and the only red head of all my siblings. I have been married for just 8 months and I love being a wife. My husband and I met years ago in college and were friends for two years or so, then reconnected by facebook. I never thought that would happen. I grew up in Pleasant Grove/Lindon and I still currently live in Pleasant Grove with my husband and my dog.
I graduated from high school in 97 and attended UVSC (a long time ago). After my associates, I transferred to Logan where I fell in love with Cashe Valley! I could live there and be perfectly content with life. During my years at USU, I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Panama. Panama will always be my home away from home, I think. I still dream of being able to go back. Upon returning home, I went back to school at USU and graduated with my bachelors in Spanish and a minor in Photography.
My parents were called to serve as mission presidents in Brasil and after graduating, I was lucky enough to be able to spend 3 months with them. It was a beautiful three months, and there are days when I long to be able to go back to that time. I came home from Brasil and decided to go back to school. Once again I found myself at USU, but this time I was studying Secondary Education and ESL. I graduated a year and half later with my second bachelors and my second minor. And promptly began teaching.
I have been teaching at Alta High School now for five years. I think for me teaching is a love/hate relationship. I love working with the kids, but hate their attitudes. I love getting home at 3:30, but hate getting up at 5:00. I love summers off, but I hate that I don't get paid so well. Teaching is probably the hardest thing I have ever done, but the most rewarding. I love feeling like I am doing something for someone else everyday of my life. And every once in a while, I love knowing that I connected with someone and made the difference for them. I don't know that I want to teach the rest of my life, but for now, I am enjoying it.
Just last summer I decided to start my masters program. I am currently back at UVU and if this doesn't kill me, it will make me a better teacher. I love being in school! I love learning and pushing myself to do better. I love feeling like I am improving my teaching skills. I have been working very hard on the first three chapters of my thesis and if everything goes well, I will defend my proposal in the next couple of weeks.
While doing all of this, I found out two months ago that I was experiencing a molar pregnancy. I am waiting for my HCG levels to hit the negative numbers, so that I can stop going to the hospital for blood tests and hopefully not have any more low dose chemo shots. This has also been a huge trial for me. I have learned so much and continue to dream of the day when I can have kids.
The older I get the less social I become. I prefer staying at home and working on projects or reading a book. I love to read and sew and create. I also love to play with my puppy that isn't really a puppy anymore. Except that he still has the energy of a puppy. And I love to watch Betty la Fea; both the Mexican version and the Colombian version.
I love music and play the piano. I don't currently have a piano and would love to find one that needs a home, but for now, I listen to a lot of piano music and look forward to when I can play everyday. I also really enjoy going to plays. I don't so much like opera, unless I am very familiar with the story, like Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, or even The Lion King. But I especially love going to local play houses like the Hale Center Theater with my husband and enjoying a home town play.
As mentioned previously, I am a member of the LDS Church and am so happy for that. I love the Church. I love knowing that there is a purpose and a reason for all that we are experiencing here on earth. I love knowing that we have a prophet that leads and guides us. I love knowing that my Savior loves me and that He watches over me. I love the Book of Mormon and reading about the lives of those that lived during that time. I know it's true!
All in all, I am a happy person, who is very dramatic and very emotional. I cry at the drop of a pin, get riled up over silly things and love to be with family. I hope that you can get to know me better as I share my life over the next few posts.
xoxo
I had no idea that you had 2 degrees! Go you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, "pleasedtameetcha". :D
This should be fun. :)
ReplyDeletep.s I like your new background and fonts!!
Thanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteExcited to read (and see more regular posts) as well.
ReplyDeleteFriendly, and not creepy, blog stalker :)