I changed my clothes; closed my classroom door; grabbed my book(I can't leave 'home' without it); and headed into the school.
The familiar pamphlet, the same ridiculous questions, and I was on the stretcher donating blood. I don't know what it is about giving blood, but I find it a great way to feel better about my day! I like thinking that somewhere out there, someone in need is benefiting from my blood. It is sooo easy for my body to give blood. I never get sick. I never get dizzy. I never take lots of time doing it. I always drink enough water. And I just simply find it fun.

And at the end, they always give you an array of colored bandages to choose from. Today I am so happy and light; so I chose lime green. It seemed the most appropriate for my day.
:) Good for you! I wish I could say I love giving blood.....I usually pass out and they ask me not to come back....not the greatest experience for me.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Way to save the world...one pint of blood at a time!
ReplyDeleteI used to donate plasma to be used to make Rhogam. I loved the feeling that so many women would be able to have a baby because I donated. Then I got sick and the meds I have to take preclude me from donating anything anymore.
ReplyDeleteI always loved picking the oolor of my bandage as well.
Oh, and my son is organizing a blood drive for his Eagle Project.
That's awesome Sandra! I was asked today if I had ever thought about donating plasma. I'm just too lazy to go do it. I like that they come to me to donate blood. Tell your son good luck! He'll do great, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteJust give some for me next time...bleh.
ReplyDelete