Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I love Spring!



In the mornings, the air is still crisp. You can see your breath as you walk to the car. You still turn the heat on to keep your toes and fingers warm.

But by the afternoon, the sun is shinning! The birds are singing. The forsythia are blooming. The tulips are opening. And you can go running outside without your lungs suffering.

I love the excitement at the nursery on the weekends. I love feeling like I can help the family. I love the smell of burning weeds. I love choosing yet another Japanese Maple to put in dad's yard. And I love that I can still put on a sweatshirt in the evening, becuase it is just a bit nippy out.

Happy Spring to All!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I love spring for all of the same reasons - except the stuff about working at the nursery and planting a tree every year...that doesn't really apply to me. But I sooo GET that. :)

    ReplyDelete