Thursday, April 30, 2009

Angels

Sometimes, I wish that I had the gift for writing, like my sister does. I have so many thoughts and ideas inside of me, but to put them down on paper (or blog) is often very difficult. Today, I have been thinking about my parents. They have done so much for me! It is because of them, that I am living the life that I am. I have a good job, becuase they helped me get through school. I have a good work ethic becuase they taught me how to work. I have a testimony of the gospel, because they live their lives by the principles of the gospel. And today, for some reason, I have been thinking about all that my parents have given up for me to have what I do.

Today I sign the final papers to purchase my first home. My dad reminded me that this has been my dream since I was 16. I have always wanted a place of my own. And it wouldn't be possible without the help that my parents are giving me. I feel so blessed to be their daughter.

Well, about 8 months ago, dad lost his barn to a fire. This was devastating to the whole family, but mostly to him. He has put his heart and soul into developing this property. But someone burned it down. The reason that I bring this up again, is because of his selflessness. Instead of using all of his resources to rebuild, he gives freely to all around him. And for that I feel even more grateful; because I am one of the recipients to his giving.

2 comments: