Tuesday, March 30, 2010

imagination...

Gone are the days of little summer dresses and big floppy hats. Sometimes when I see pictures of the past, I ponder what it would have been like to live 50 + years ago. Life seemed so simple back then. Don't get me wrong, I know it was hard. Working to support the family and trying to make money and so forth. But I think I would really enjoy the quiet that seemed to exist. No ipods, no loud speakers, no running around trying to get everything done "now".

I imagine taking time to visit with the neighbors over the garden fence as weeds were pulled. I imagine taking some warm bread to someone in need. I imagine reading a book becuase there aren't over 100 channels on TV to choose from. I imagine taking the kids to the park because the sun is shining and they need to get out and play. I imagine fixing dinner for my family. My imagination could go on, but I won't bore you.




I love this picture of my mom. It makes me happy and helps me to hold onto the things that matter and to DO those things that I imagine, not just imagine them.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! :) I really do enjoy pulling weeds. Simple pleasures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo of your mom! You make it sound so appealing...normally I KNOW I wasn't meant to live 50 years ago, but now you've got me craving it.

    ReplyDelete