
This is my grandma Allie. She was a beautiful woman! And when I see her picture, I have a hard time not wanting to really get to know her. She died in a car accident when I was just a baby, and so therefore I have no memories of her. I long for the day when I can talk with her and really come to understand the person that she was.
Every time someone tells me stories or shares glimpses of her life, I feel such a great love for her and who she was. She was patient and kind. She loved my grandpa very much and let him dream his dreams and pursue those dreams. She was an amazing mother and a perfect grandmother. She could cook and sew and served those around her. She gave her life as most mothers do to those she loved the most.
And while that is really all I know about my grandmother, I pray that one day I can learn more. I pray that my aunt will share her journals so that I too can understand who she was and is. I thank her for raising my dad to be the man that he is. I thank her for loving my mom as her own and for taking her into her heart. I thank her for the role that she plays in my life right now, even though she is not with me. I love her very much!
That was very sweet! Now I'm a bit teary eyed.
ReplyDelete