Friday, January 22, 2010

Journal of sorts...

I started this blog as a way to keep up on my journal. I do better when I can type it out, especially when I have a lot on my mind and I don't know who to talk to. I kind of got into the mind set, lately, that I needed to impress other people with pictures and stories of sorts. And I haven't taken the time to really write what I have been thinking or feeling. So whether this is something that you want to hear or not, I need to write.

Cory proposed on Wednesday night! I was so surprised and soooo soooo happy! He is so kind and good and I am so lucky to be getting married. I wasn't sure if the chance would ever come after ending things with Murphy. One of my fears was that I would never meet anyone and that Murphy was my one chance. Well, I am glad that I was wrong. :)

We "dated" a little in college, but it wasn't anything serious (in his mind). We lived near each other for about two years and were great friends. I wanted something serious, he wasn't ready. In reality I wasn't ready either, I just thought I was. We went our separate ways and I hadn't heard or seen anything of him for almost five years. Murphy came along and that ended. (I don't really want to go into details of that). Then Cory found me on facebook, and it has been amazing ever since. We have been dating this time for almost nine months and it has been a fast (most of the time) nine months. Sometimes I still get amazed at where life has brought us and that I am actually getting married.

A couple months ago, we started talking marriage pretty seriously, and knew that was what we wanted to have happen. I brought it up one Sunday with my family all in the living room, that we were thinking April. Dad said it wasn't the time to discuss it and that was that. I guess no one was ready to listen or they were somewhere else mentally. So, we kept discussing it between the two of us, trying to figure out how it would all work out.

In this time, Noelle met Jason. And I am so happy for the two of them. They are cute and happy and make a great match. I think they will be good for each other. And they have decided to be married on March 13. There have been so many emotions going on inside my heart. I just don't know what to think or to feel. Most of the time I just can't wait for her. I wanted to be there for her through it all. I have been planning weddings since I was probably like 10. And I couldn't wait to go dress shopping with her and help her pick a cake and plan flowers and colors and the whole shebang. But there is this little tiny part of my heart that wonders what I should do at this point.

Cory and I don't want to wait until summer to be married. There are the obvious reasons, that many of us have. Why prolong something that we know is right? Why give Satan more time to tempt us? Some of the other reasons seem small and inconsequential, but are so important to me. I am tired! I want to have the chance to stay home for a month if I want to, without having to travel to Ferron. Not that I don't like it there, just that I don't get things done. I want to be able to go to bed at 9:30 like I should, so that I don't get up grumpy at 5:00 in the morning. But after 9 is the only time to talk, because I don't have the money to pay for more minutes. I want to know that Cory will be there every day, and if I need him I can find him. And, plain and simple, I am just ready.

But there are concerns. I know there are. I understand the concerns. I worry about Noelle feeling like her day was hers and unique and special, and that I didn't ruin it for her by walzting in three weeks later with my wedding. I want family to feel like they can choose to come to both if they want to. I don't want family to worry about throwing too many showers or spending too much money on gifts too soon. I want mom to not worry. I want her to be happy and feel like she can stay here and not run away to Brazi. I want what I have always wanted...everyone to be happy. And I don't know what to do.

While two months isn't that much more to wait, it feels like an eternity. And April feels right. You know that happy, at peace, this is going to work feeling? That is what I feel about April. Am I selfish? I feel like I am. Am I pushy? I don't know. And yet, June doesn't feel the same as April does. I don't want anyone to be sad or hurt or offended or put out with another wedding in April.

All I can really do is pray. Heavenly Father knows and understands. Of that I am forever grateful. I just hope that everyone knows that I am trying to do the right thing and I am trying to make the right decisions. And really, I just want to make people happy. Please know that!!!

8 comments:

  1. Tiff you gotta do what's right for you and Cory. And even though weddings and receptions and bridal showers and friends and family are all super exciting and what you dream of from the time you are a little girl, when everything is said and done and it's just you and your husband a few months or a year down the road all of the "fluff" of the day really seems insignificant. What's important is the right person (check), the place...temple (check)...AND THE RIGHT TIME!!! If April is the right time for you then I say go for it and don't worry about all the other things that come with it. Enjoy helping your sister and enjoy planning your wedding and do it knowing you are doing it at the right time for you and Cory. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! That's my 2 cents. Congrats again. I couldn't be more be happy for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your wedding planning efforts. You are gonna be such a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what your friend above said. I think this is a decision to be made by YOU and CORY. Obviously, you want to make sure it "works" for others as well, but ultimately, you are a team from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shouldn't be a burden on anyone! It's a wedding not a funeral and everyone should be happy for you. If they aren't then they are doing something wrong, not you. Three weeks is long enough to wait after your sisters marriage. It's her Day, not month. I'm sure she won't have hurt feelings about it. In the end you have to do whats right for the both of you. If you've prayed about it and know for a certainty that it's right then to not move forward would mean you were actually taking steps back. I wish you had everyone's complete support! But enjoy it even if you don't. It only happens once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray Cuz...I'm so happy for you! I want to see pics of Corey! You are so sweet to be concerned about your families feelings, which I think is only typical of your sweet personality, but in the end it's all about what is right for you and your future husband. My opinion...you've waited long enough..if it's right its right...no reason to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Your wedding, you pick it. (This is coming from someone who LOVES Noelle AND your mom....) When you're making a decision that has eternal consequences you should make sure it's right for you.

    Of course that's easy to say.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed. . .this is your wedding and your life. Do what is right for you and those who really love you will follow. By the way. . .congrats!!!!! I need to stop by and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo Congrats!!! You've gotta do what's right for you and Cory. You two are all that matters when it comes down to it!! You should have whatever you would like. But like Heidi said, enjoy every minute of it because it does go bye so fast!!! But again Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete