Friday, January 29, 2010

the girls ---


These are my favorite girls in the whole world! They know all about me. They know what makes me cry and what makes me smile. They know my hurts and my sorrows. They know my quirks and they understand my humor. And the best part about them is that they know all of this and still love me.

When we were growing up, we all shared rooms. There were too many of us to have our own rooms. It was Noelle and Becca together and Heather and Amanda and I. We used to have so much fun talking and playing.

Sometimes we (boys included) would put a whole bunch of pillows and blankets at the bottom of the stairs and slide down on another blanket and land at the bottom. Thinking of doing that now makes my poor bottom hurt, but we loved it.

Sometimes we would all sleep in the same room. Usually only for special occasions, but we had fun doing it.

In the evenings we would have a bunch of the neighbor kids come over and we would all play night games.

I think we grew up in the best era. It wasn't too hard like our grandparents had it and it wasn't too easy like my students have it now. It was idealistic. We could walk to the penny candy store without an adult. We went swimming all the time. We could climb the cherry tree and eat to our hearts content. We could come into the house to the smell of homemade bread and eat it straight from the oven. We could turn the tv on and watch great shows like smurfs and my little pony. I loved growing up.

And now, I love having my girls all close and ready and able to do fun adult things with me. I love when we all get pedicures and sit and laugh and talk. I love when we do scone night. I love when they ask me to comb their hair. I simply just love being with them.

xoxo girls. :)

1 comment:

  1. You girls were so cute!! Love the picture.
    I remember the days when I used to be free to go on bike rides all day...whenever and wherever I wanted. Yep, those days are gone.

    ReplyDelete