This is my sister Heather and her three little girls. They are mostly cute, but can be little trouble makers at times. Especially the middle one. In fact, her nickname is trouble. I was fortunate to live with Heather and her little ones for almost two year while my parents were in Brazil. I learned from her what it meant to be a mother (as best as someone can do that without understanding what it means to be a mother). I loved her little ones more and more. And she was the one who made me want to be a mother. I have watched as she loved and struggled and learned and grew. And I mostly wanted to feel that love that a child and mother share. No one knows that love until they have their own children and I wanted to feel that.
Now that I am married, there is nothing that I want more than to be a mother. Sometimes people look at me crazy when I tell them that I am ready, because I have only been married for three months. But it's true. I am ready.
Today Heather was again so good to me as she taught me patience and helped me understand the Lord's timing. Being a mother is not just about me. It is about the Lord. It is about making sure that I am ready to help in creating this new life. I began to cry as we talked, because I knew that I needed to pray and let my Heavenly Father know that I was grateful for the chance to be a mother and for the lessons He was teaching me to prepare me for the right time.
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel and that I have a loving Heavenly Father who is so willing to teach me and to love me.
Thank you Heather for helping me understand more fully.
Ahhh, sweet little Heather! She's always had that Eternal Perspective.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big her girls are! I haven't seen a recent picture of them since...well, forever I s'pose! Tell her I said hello. And one day you too will make a wonderful mother! :)
What a sweet picture!
ReplyDeleteThe one on the right (I should really know their names....) couldn't possibly look more like Becca could she?!
This is a beautiful lesson to learn. Thanks for sharing.
It will happen when the time is right. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteThat's the only thing that got me through three years of dealing with infertility. There was something I needed to learn before I became a mother. Whether I was ready or not, it was going to come when the Lord knew I was ready. Here's to high hopes for round 2. . .
ReplyDelete