
When I was a little girl, I used to watch as my mom made bread. She did that often, as she had seven kids and we didn't ever buy bread. Plus, her bread was amazing! Neighborhood kids would come over all the time and eat my moms bread. Right out of the oven, butter and jam....
Yesterday, I decided to make bread. Little sister gave me the day off from cooking for Sunday dinner and so I had some time on my hands.
The smell as the bread filled my house was divine. It took me right back to mom's kitchen.
But the part I loved the most, was when I pulled out the crisco and the pastry brush. As I brushed the tops of the loaves, I was so grateful for a mother that taught me all that she did.
She would let me brush the tops of the loaves when I was younger. And that may not seem like much, but to me it was. Maybe that was her favorite part too, and she was letting me do it.
All in all, it certainly gave me a great desire to make bread on my own. To learn to cook as well as my mother. And can I just say that I love baking!
Thanks Mom! You're the best there is! I love you!
That is a beautiful loaf of bread! Your mom would be proud.
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed....nummy!!
ReplyDelete