Friday, May 22, 2009

Relief

The last few weeks have been really exhausting for my family and me. We have been working crazy hours since the beginning of may. And let me tell you, I am beat. I am still teaching, so I get up at 5:00 to go to school, then I would leave school and go to the nursery to work. At times I was there until 8:30 or 9:00. Then I would go home and try to get some rest before the next day.

The papers were signed a couple of weeks ago and I became the owner of a new townhome. I decided to paint and so after school and the nursery I would go paint for a while. I have become so tired that I don't think I can do it another day. Sometimes I am so tired that I get sick to my stomach. So, following much needed advice, I slowed down on the painting and have been taking things a little more slowly.

Yesterday, I stopped at mom's and dad's house for a little break, and was weeding my garden. I was so relaxing and peaceful. I got to listen to the birds and watch the ants. I was content. Then, the best part of the day came; Sami came over. I haven't seen my nieces in so long and I have missed them. She made my heart so happy!!

So I spent 20 minutes with her playing on the swing until her mom came to get her. It truly is the simple things in life that makes me happy. I loved listening to her laugh as she was swinging and kicking her feet to try to hit me. I loved seeing her smile. And that 20 minutes, was the relief that I needed from way too much stress.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how the little ones do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad you got to swing and "watch the ants", you describe that feeling perfectly.

    ReplyDelete