Last night my mothers ward, the ward I grew up in, threw me a bridal shower. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm not sure why the nervousness, but I got over it pretty quick.
As the sisters came in, I was reminded of how much I love this ward. Each of these women played an extremely important role in my life. I see so many of them as other 'mothers' and each time I gave them a hug, was filled with such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude.
I told my mom last night that I was spoiled. And I am. Not with gifts or trivial things. I am spoiled with love. Friendships that will last forever, wisdom given by others, and pure goodness.
Thank you, dear sweet ladies, for loving me and for coming last night and for throwing the shower in the first place. Thank you for being so good and so wonderful. I feel so very loved.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment