Thursday, May 27, 2010

morning thoughts

It's only 7:30 right now, but I have been awake already for two hours. The day starts early for me. Sometimes I feel so frazzled just trying to get ready for the day. Today, I am ready and have been enjoying some quiet time to myself. A friend came into my classroom and gave me a gift for my wedding. I thought it was so sweet of her to come today, cause she won't be able to make it to the wedding. Then I read Stephanie's blog that her husband posted on. Once again it brought tears to my eyes. After, I opened my email and read a few thoughts about memorial day and all that we have to be thankful for. And what it all boils down to is this:

Almost all people in this world are good and kind and trying to do their best.

The land we live on is sacred and God has blessed us greatly to be where we are.

Prayer heals hearts and allows us to become humbled enough to know God's will.

The Savior knows each of us and loves us through it all.

And really, life is good. Life is really really hard, but life is good.

I am so blessed. I am so excited to begin my journey as a wife and look forward to starting my own family. I am grateful that I have the gospel in my life. I am grateful to know that there is a purpose for this life. I am so glad that I have the family I do. I had a much needed visit last night with my sister and am grateful for her wisdom and strength. Many people say they feel like they are on top of the world. I'm not quite on top, but I sure am enjoying the journey up to the top. :)

1 comment: