
When your life is hard or you have a broken heart, it is really easy to look at the past and see only the wonderful moments that you experienced. Today, my heart is broken. Today, I just want to cry. And those feelings have taken me back to my college days, when things were easier.
Right?
The days when all I had to worry about was studying for my next test. When I got to speak Spanish every day and learn new things. The beautiful days in Logan when there was a nice breeze and everything was happy. The days when I could drive up the canyon and just disappear for a while while I took picture after picture of God's beautiful creations. The days when I woke up before most
people and would go running in the freshly fallen snow. The days when I laughed and laughed with amazing roommates. The days when I thought that I could be in love. The days when I had the energy to go to the gym.Apartment #8.
Gary Allan.
Ice cream.
Fruit snacks.
books.
movies.
the temple.
The list could go on and on. And I get lost in those memories. And it is really easy to remember only the good times. And for just a brief moment, my heart isn't broken anymore. For just a brief moment, all is right in the world.
The reality is, I have two large stacks of papers on my desk to grade. I have students coming into class in twenty minutes. I have a broken heart.
And who really wants to end up like Lot's wife anyway...?
Hey Tiff,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about our time together in good 'ol Brooklane #3. Anyway, your post made me reflect back to those days as well. I love where my life is at now, but there are those days when I think back to the "easier times" so-to-speak when I didn't have too much to worry about. Anyway, hope you have a good day....We'll talk to ya soon.
Tiff
Wow - you made me miss Logan. Life was so much easier (and do dare I say...better) there.
ReplyDeleteLove you girl!
Life was better there...especially in the past. Life is always easier in the past.
ReplyDeleteJ, your comment helped me feel better... thanks!
xoxo
ms. platte!!!! I found you!!!! you are like Waldo! y no atacó a los estudiantes de secundaria, preferimos el término studs. haha! I have been trying to use every sour word you have in one sentence and say it as soon as I gave you all my pesos, but I have not found anything........ yet.
ReplyDelete