Saturday, May 11, 2013

random thoughts about Winn

Winn has a whole slew of older cousins who have been asking about him and wondering how he is doing.  I love how much they already love him!  He has one older cousin who has experienced some of what he is experiencing.  Emily was born with Digeorge syndrom and some heart defects.  In her short 2 years of life, she has undergone three heart surgeries and has spent far too much time in the NICU.  My opinion on the matter is that Emily and Winn were best of friends in Heaven before coming to our family.  I think Emily told Winn that everything would be alright.  I even think she taught him how to be a fighter.  They both have exceeded all expectations and they both have come out on top.  I am so glad that Winn has Emily to look up to.

Last night, Winn was really alert and active.  We both were able to hold him again and participate in his daily rituals.  His nurse last night couldn't get over how expressive our little guy is.  He showed so much emotion in his facial expressions.  I couldn't get over how cute he is.  He's fuzzy.  He's jaundiced.  He's tiny.  But man is he cute!!!  I could hold him for hours and cuddle him forever. 





Finally, one of the nurses offered to take a picture of all three of us.  We haven't done that yet and it was nice to see all three of us together in one group. I look forward to many more of these to come.


1 comment: