Tuesday, May 14, 2013

mother's day

Sunday was my very first mother's day.  Other than crying my way through, it was perfect!  And the tears were tears of gratitude and amazement.  I find that being a mom changes a person.  I have never felt so much love and so much adoration for such a tiny little thing.  I love being a mom!

Winn is still doing so well.  Cory calls him 'winner' and I love it!  He loves to listen to his parents talk.  He becomes so alert and tries to move his head to look toward us.  He is so expressive and surprises me with all of his different faces and looks.  The nurses all adore him and tell me over and over how much they love him.  He still breaths on his own.  He is tolerating his food well and has even tolerated the increase in calories.  They are taking out the umbilical chords tomorrow and he will then only have the feeding tube in his nose. 

Tonight, Cory and I took a small video of Winn while he was waiting to eat.  He loves his feeding time.  He gets pretty grumpy right before he eats and we love to watch how calm he becomes when he realizes that he's getting food.  Hope you enjoy the video.

 


 Here are just a couple of still photos of him as he was getting fed.  I just love looking at his eyes.  I know I am biased, but I just think he is the cutest thing ever.




Thank you all for your prayers and your love.  I sure appreciate all of the support.

1 comment:

  1. Thru the tears, he makes me soooo smile!! Thanks for sharing with us all. Thoughts and prayers for you...constantly!!

    ReplyDelete