Thursday, December 9, 2010




Grandma sat us down at the table, and began to teach Heather and I the importance of drinking water without swallowing. We both looked at her like she was crazy.

She took her glass of water in her had, and told us to watch her as she demonstrated. She then proceeded to take a small, very small, sip of water. When she finished, she asked us if we saw her swallow. I was the dumb one and Heather was the smart one. I said yes and Heather said no. Silly me.

The point, that Grandma was trying to make, is that you have to drink such small amounts that people don't notice you swallow. However, it is impossible to drink without swallowing. Grandma tried and tried to get me to understand that you can be a lady. And this was one way to do that.

I sure love that lady!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - I have a LOT of work to do in becoming a lady. *sigh* Maybe I'll teach my grandbabies to drink without swallowing - assuming that I learn it by the time I have grandkids.

    ReplyDelete