Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The new year

Well, the new year is here and I have to wonder what will happen next in my life. I love the idea that we can start fresh; with new ideas and new plans. The magical part of the year is over, however, and I seem to always miss that. The christmas tree was taken down and the ornaments were put away. One of my favorite parts of the tree is looking at the lights for hours on end, just thinking about life and what is going on at that moment. All the other lights are turned off and it just creates this magical glow in the room. Even the ornaments begin to take on a different feel as the lights soften the harsh glare of the glass or metal. This year seemed to be even more introspective for me. I have had many things on my mind about the future and what it will bring. Many times there were moments of sadness and loneliness as I looked at my pretty lights. Other moments were of fun memories of growing up with a large family of very close siblings. And in the end, I think that I can say that this was one of my most memorable Christmas's.

Now, I have set my goals for the new year and I am excited to see what happens. There are lots of possibilities out there and I look forward to seeing what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. That is the beauty of the new year....always knowing that there is something just around the corner that we could never even imagine!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out beautiful Tiff. Can you email me a copy of them?

    ReplyDelete