Today I am exhausted....not physically, but mentally. I feel like I have run a marathon and it isn't even 10:00 yet.
Students are tiring, and they never really learn that respect is key to making the classroom a fun place to be. They don't follow rules, they don't listen to instructions, they don't treat each other nicely and simply put, they push all of the buttons that teachers have that they don't want to be pushed.
Now, you have to understand that I do love my students. For the most part, they are really funny kids that make me smile and do things that no one would ever admit to doing. But there are days, like today, when I just don't seem to be able to handle their incessant talking. I have heard my name more in the last hour and a half than I heard all weekend long.
Miss Platt, you look mad. Miss Platt, what is the homework? Miss Platt, you didn't write the test correctly. Miss Platt, why are you flunking me? Miss Platt, how do I get me A- up to an A? Miss Platt, why aren't you married? Miss Platt, why were you sick last class? Miss Platt, where did you get your shoes? Miss Platt, do you like Spanish? Miss Platt, is your class easy? Miss Platt, are you sure you know what you're talking about? Miss Platt, why aren't you smiling? Miss Platt, why can't you marry a white guy? Miss Platt, will you boost my grade? Miss Platt, can we not have any homework? Miss Platt, Miss Platt, Miss Platt.....
I have had every single one of these questions, and today, my brain is just not handling it. Today, my brain still wants to be in bed.
Is it weird that reading this makes me really miss teaching. Freakin' kids. You love to hate 'em, right? You're a great teacher... that's why they tease you. Love you! (And really miss you, too!)
ReplyDeleteThanks...I really miss you, too. How are things with cute baby?
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you love to hate 'em. That is the best way to put it.
Miss Platt...
ReplyDeleteI think you're great!
Miss Platt...
I hope you didn't swerve off the road this morning!
Miss Platt...
Just think, the day if half way over!
Miss Platt....can you give ME an A in my class please? :)
ReplyDeleteSorry, wednesday is only C day. Thursday is D day and Friday is F day. Any other takers for the week?
ReplyDelete:)