Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christofori's Dream

Right now I am listening to my favorite song by David Lanz, Christofori's Dream. It takes me to a quiet, special kind of place. A place where there is no hurt, sorrow or sadness. A place that is warm but not hot. A place where there is ocean to look at. A place of serenity.

Today I need that place. I want to be anywhere but here. I want to forget the trials of life and just relish in peace, if only for a few days.

My heart is broken today. I don't know all the why's or how's. I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to change. I just know that I am hurting.

I feel alone. Have you ever felt that way. I know that I have family and a husband that love me. And yet I am alone.

So, I am going to cry for just a few minutes, then get ready for the onslaught of students that will walk through my door in a little less than an hour. Best get ready for them.

6 comments:

  1. Has there been some new news? What's going on? I'm suddenly very nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No real news, only that the numbers are going down so slowly and I lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. It just feels so hopeless today. I'm sorry that I made you nervous and thank you for your friendship. Sometimes I miss having you here across the hall. I need to be better at calling. Thanks Alicia!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I join you in your quiet place. I love that song.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great song...I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything. Thinking of you. Thank you so much for your friendship, and know that I am always here for you even though I'm not right by your side.

    ReplyDelete