Thursday, September 18, 2008

So, today I went in for surgery. Once again it was for some skin cancer that I discoverd on my nose. I have done this before, the first time being much larger. But today, the nurse that was helping the doctor started talking about her marriage. She was married for three years, and is going through the process of a divorce. My heart hurt for her becuase of the hard times that she has ahead. She talked about the reasons for her divorce and why for her it was just the right thing to do. Her husband had become controlling; he started to tell her when to talk and when not to; when to leave the house and when not to; when to hang out with her friends and when not to, etc. It made me think a lot about the decision to marry, and made me realize how important it is to really know the one that you are to give your whole life to. I am engaged to be married to Murphy, and I am more determined to make sure that we will treat each other well, and that we are making the right decision. It is such a large decision and I hope that I will be able to do the Lord's will in all things. That is my prayer today...to just do the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well thought out hermana...tis true tis true. With matters of the heart one can never be too careful.

    ReplyDelete