The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
la tormenta
So, I am certainly not the person that created this game, but I am a big fan. I think it was originally called 'fruit basket'. However, here are the rules of the game. You put enough desks in a circle for all of your students but one. There will be one student who is in the middle of the circle. You number each student one thru three. Ones are viento, twos are lluvia and threes are sol. So, the person in the middle then has to give a sentence in Spanish, describing the weather. For example, Hace sol. Then, they call out one of the groups of people described above. They can call lluvia, sol or viento. Then all those people have to get up and move around to find a different desk. Much like musical chairs. If they really want to shake things up, they call out, la tormenta, and all of the students in the class have to move around and find different seats. The purpose is to practice weather vocabulary. You can make it harder by changing the weather to future or to the past. So, ayer, hacia calor. Or manana va a hacer frio. They kids love it and they have lots of fun playing. But today, Miss Platt ( myself) got body slammed! I try really hard to have fun with them and such, but in 1st period, the purpose was to get me in the middle. What they don't remember is that I already speak spanish, so it isn't hard for me to be in the middle. So, we are all running around, trying to find a desk, and this kid, football player, I might add, rammed right into me and bumped me out of the way. I was amazed! And sore! From there on, I made the rule that you could NOT body slam the teacher. I can now act like a lady and play the game at the same time. It's great fun...you should try it sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I miss hearing you play this game with your students... and wondering if one of those big football players were going to come crashing through my wall.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
And I miss having you there to talk to. It has been a wierd year for me. I have been thinking about you lots. Hope that all is going well. xoxo
ReplyDelete