First of all, Aunt Kriss, I am so glad that you are now a follower. I love family!
I have been struggling with migraines a lot lately. I don't really know why, except that my stress level has increased. And I get them around my cycle. That seems pretty normal, as I have talked with many women who deal with the same thing. However, it seemed more complicated when for about a month I had migraines twice a week or so.
Plus, I cry at the drop of a pin. My emotions are so out of control. Plus I have been having some extreme mood swings. One minute I am happy and energetic, the next I am angry and frustrated. I don't know why.
I thought maybe that I might be pregnant, but I'm not.
Then I began to think my hormone levels were off somehow. It just really isn't like me to be so off. In so many ways. I made an appointment with my OBGYN to see if he would test my hormones to figure out why I have migraines and all the other stuff.
Three minutes after coming into the room, he answered a phone call from his wife. "Yes dear, I'll be out in a couple of minutes", he said. He asked me if my periods were regular, and I said yes. "Then your hormone levels are normal. There is nothing else I can do for you, unless you want some medication for the migraines."
Thanks for nothing. Wouldn't even test me. I was so disappointed and frustrated. Now what? Another appointment with another doctor? I just don't know quite what to do at this point. Maybe I am pushing something that doesn't need to be pushed.
But have you ever felt like something wasn't right, and no one would believe you? That's how I feel.
Any advice?
Dumb doctor. It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. Might as well!!
ReplyDeleteGet a second opinion. Soon. I have too many friends and family who have had similar issues with some pretty serious consequences. (I'm not trying to freak you out, I promise...) Just get another opinion for a little peace of mind. I've learned it's really important to trust your body and the Holy Ghost. Our bodies are pretty important. :) Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDeleteTrust yourself. Forget that doctor and find one that WILL listen to you. I've had my share of retarded docs...one in particular has ruined my birth experiences and my opportunity to breast feed any of my current and future children. All because I went against what I felt because "doctors know best". You know your body...listen to it!
ReplyDeleteIf you ask long enough you will find a Dr. who tells you what you want to hear. So if you want a Dr. to second your opinion, go find one. If you don't care what the Doc says, then don't bother and just know what you know. That's my (unqualified) opinion.
ReplyDeleteIt could also be your birth control. I had the same problems til I switched mine. It was such a high dose that my body didn't know how to handle it. The one I am on now is so very low dose and it helps out a lot!! Let me know if you need anything. I would definately get a second opinion though. Sounds like that dr. was more interested in his wife at the time then he was in his patient. Find someone else.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little late on this. Hopefully you have already gotten that second opinion, doctors are morons most of the time. And birth control is of the devil (not like I think it is evil to use, but it can wreak havoc on a body) if you are using it I would say that may be the issue. I had major depression and it took me a while to figure out it was the birth control. Hope you get better soon!
ReplyDelete