I used to hate valentines day. I felt so alone and blah. But today is different. I had my students write in Spanish about one person that is important to them. I was so pleased as I read through them, at how many of them put their mothers or their grandmothers. Sometimes I wonder if all the important stuff has slipped through their minds. And then they surprise me.
One girl wrote...
"My grandmother is very important to me. She is honorable and worries about me. I can tell her anything. I love my grandmother." (this was written in Spanish, so I translated it.)
Another student said...
"The most important person for me is my mother. My mom is important for me because she helps me do things I don't know how to do. My mother is very protective of me."
And that is why I love valentines day. It isn't about loving just one person. It's about showing love to all and being a friend to all; serving others and letting them know that you care.
Happy Valentines day everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment