I have been working on really studying the scriptures lately instead of just reading them nightly. It was one of my new years resolutions, to choose a topic each month, study that topic and create a scripture chain that I could then use to form a talk. That way, at the end of the year, I would have 12 talks that I could give at any time. This idea came from my dad, who is amazing! My January topic was the Light of Christ.
Last night, I was finishing up my talk, getting ready to mark the chain of scriptures. It had been a really hard weekend; full of emotions and hurt and lonliness. As I was reading about the Light of Christ and what it actually is, I came to the realization that this light is an actual light that was given to
us by our Savior. He gave us part of his light, which is how we are able to have life. And every thing on the earth was given a portion of His light. And it is because of that light, that He knows and understands us so thoroughly. He is in, around, and through all things. He is in us. And it brought me so much peace to know that He knows me that well. He is more aware of my every need than I am.I have to be reminded of this often. Sometimes I let the weight of the world get me down and I forget that my Savior understands me and all that I am feeling and thinking. And today, I am more at peace and feel more light than I have for months. I don't have any answers. I still don't know what my future brings, but I do know that my Savior loves me and for today, and hopefully every day after, that is enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment