Well, I have come to the conclusion that teachers are wierd. I am a teacher, so I can say that. Let me do the honors of explaining why we are wierd. Yesterday I attended an all day meeting for language teachers in Ogden. It gives us the chance to listen to what works for other langauge teachers in their classrooms to get their students excited about languages. Plus, they feed us really good food. Plus we don't have to be in class. So there are definate perks to going.
Well, I went to this session where this teacher, who teaches at the university, was talking about the importance of music in the classroom. She talked about traditional latin american songs to teach your students, like la cucaracha. Then she talked about popular songs in the world today, like music from Enrique Iglesias. Then she talked about traditional songs that our students learned in English, that we could translate and use in Spanish or another language. Songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, etc.
So, to get to the point. There are about 40 of us adults in this classroom, all falling asleep becuase it was right after lunch. She, the teacher, decides that we need to wake up. So, we all have to stand up and sing songs in spanish that she has on the projector. One of those was Head shoulders knees and toes. And the part that I think makes us wierd, is that we did it. ALL of us stood up and went through all of the actions of the song and sang along with her.
I find that in a 'professional' meeting for teachers, the fact that we sing head shoulders knees and toes and songs like that, makes us wierd.
I totally agree!!! You are weird!!! Hey, want to get a pedicure tonight?
ReplyDeleteI would love to get a pedicure tonight!
ReplyDeleteHey...how do I get my comments to show on the main page of my blog? Still learning...
never mind...I figured it out!
ReplyDelete...am I invited?!?!!! And yes dear....you're weird :) But that's why we love you.
ReplyDelete