Wednesday, May 2, 2012

existing for one night

Tonight I feel lonely.

I'm not alone.  I have family and friends all around me.  My husband is sitting on the couch right next to me.  Yet I feel lonely. 

We went to our garden plot today and worked on fixing the drip tubes.  There were a number of families all around us who knew each other and were visiting and laughing and having such a good time.  Not one said hi to us or came and visited with us.  Not that I shouldn't have done so myself, I was just struck with the thought that we don't have any friends in our ward or neighborhood. 

In the three years that we have been in this ward, we have yet to meet more than five people in our ward that remember that we are in their ward. 

I teach all day with high school students.  We have fun and tease and laugh but it isn't like visiting with adults.  I am the farthest possible classroom from the school and there are still teachers who don't know that I have taught at Alta High for six years. 

I'm lonely.  And tomorrow I will get over it and I will move on.  But I think for tonight I will just let the loneliness exist. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! I've lived in this house for four years....and I realized this week that I don't even know most of my neighbor's names. Weird. I need to change that. I want friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel alone all the time too. I also feel that no one understands me or cares. LIfe seems very hard. I know though, partly from reading your blog, that there are lots of people who do care. Sometimes we just don't know what to do.

    I think you are an amazing person. I am glad that you are in the world. I think you must give a lot to your students and family.

    I'd be your friend, but I am too far away. Too tired sometimes. Too overwhelmed.

    But I love your occasional messages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying anonymous. How about a long distant friendship? We can certainly give something to each other through words, right? I hope that today is a good day for you. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you are always sad, it is difficult to you being a happy daughter of God? Smile, be happy with what you have right now, and with who is around you right now, you are daughter of God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should move to GA!!!! living outside of UT would be a breath of fresh air! and we could laugh our heads off every day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should move to GA!!!! living outside of UT would be a breath of fresh air! and we could laugh our heads off every day!:)

    ReplyDelete