Blood test on Wednesday.
Met with doctor on Thursday -
he says that my levels aren't doing what he wants them to do. They only went from 91 to 85. And he was not at all thrilled with that.
so I need more treatments.
Went to school on Friday, and then off to my chemo treatments. This drug is call Dactinomycin. They pumped me full on anti nausea medicine before giving me the treatment and then put me on a regime of anti nausea pills every six to eight hours.
The symptoms are a bit different but not entirely. I am not too nauseous yet, but if I don't eat or don't take the medicine, I get sick. I have flu like symptoms, that leave me achy and sore all over. It caused another migraine, but just a little head-achy once I got rid of the migraine. The weirdest is the menopausal symptoms. I woke up last night every couple of hours dripping in sweat. Using my sheets to wipe it all off trying to stay dry. Kind a gross so I made sure to clean my sheets today.
I only do this every other week and I right now I am only scheduled for one more treatment. However, the doctor did say that this may take a few months and that my numbers will go down slower than I imagine. So, Heavenly Father is teaching me patience and that is probably a good thing for me. :)
Thanks for all of the kind words and the love and support. I am truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with and all that I am learning. This has truly been important for me to experience. I sure do love my Heavenly Father and my Savior. They have been so good to me!
That sounds miserable, I'm so so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so horrible. I only hope that it will be over soon and that you can go on and fulfill your dreams. I hope you will feel that you are not alone and that there are lots of people that care about you. I hope that Jesus will stay particularly close to you.
ReplyDeleteI hate that you have to go through this....sounds like you are getting a good "pruning". Thinking about you!
ReplyDelete