Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A hero...

The first day of school, I asked my students to fill out a questionnaire. This way I get to now a little more about them and it allows them to talk to open up a little to the class. One of the questions that I ask them is who in their life do they consider a hero. It's usually the same answers as always...

my mom for giving birth to me
my dad for working for my family
my brother for serving a mission and being a good example
my uncle for teaching my football

All of these are great answers and I love that they are able to see these people as their heroes. But this year, there was one answer that really hit home for me. It's something that I really need to work on. She said...

"My mom, because she didn't grow up with a loving family. You can love your self."

Boy do I need to learn that lesson. I am my worst enemy. I think we all are for the most part, but this is really something that bothers me about myself. Maybe I can learn something from these crazy kids after all.

3 comments:

  1. That really is an inspiring thought....you can love yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Keep your eye on that kid... very cool stuff.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete