
Noelle convinced Heather and I to hike Timp with her this summer. We had a lot of fun and were almost to the summit, when we were forced to turn around because of a storm. It was well worth it and we are even more grateful that we turned around and came home instead of trying to brave the storm while on the face of a 12,000 foot mountain. Well, it wasn't long after that, she decided that it would be lots of fun to hike Baldy.
So, she and I set out one saturday afternoon. We thought that it would be pretty easy, becuase after Timp, we can do anything. But, it was really long and hot and tiring. Before we were even
halfway done, we were tired. There weren't any nice swithbacks like Timp has. This is just miles and miles and up hill climbing. No areas with a level trail. Absolutley no areas of downhill. It was just up. And I wasn't really having a lot of fun. I knew however, that if we made it to the summit, it would be well worth it.
halfway done, we were tired. There weren't any nice swithbacks like Timp has. This is just miles and miles and up hill climbing. No areas with a level trail. Absolutley no areas of downhill. It was just up. And I wasn't really having a lot of fun. I knew however, that if we made it to the summit, it would be well worth it. We kept going, and I began to believe that we wouldn't make it to the summit. That we would just have to keep going so that we wouldn't be hiking in the dark. However, Noelle has more determination and stamina than I do, and we finally made it to the top.
The view was spectacular and I will forever be happy knowing that I kept going and that we did make it to the top.
Sisters are all a girl needs in the world. Besides maybe sleep. I am so grateful to have sisters that are willing to do crazy things with me and are willing to help me "make it to the top". Thanks Noelle, for pushing me and for helping me to reach our goal.
The view was spectacular and I will forever be happy knowing that I kept going and that we did make it to the top. Sisters are all a girl needs in the world. Besides maybe sleep. I am so grateful to have sisters that are willing to do crazy things with me and are willing to help me "make it to the top". Thanks Noelle, for pushing me and for helping me to reach our goal.
And now, I look forward to doing this again someday. I think I would prefer Timp over Baldy any day, but maybe next time it won't be so bad. And plus it gives me the chance to take a few pictures to put on my blog, right?
Beautiful pics little sister...and yes, we're hiking Baldy AND Timp AND rim to rim of the Grand Canyon next year.
ReplyDeleteohhhhh...fun!
ReplyDelete