Exercise comes and goes in spurts for me. I go really strong for a while, then I get so tired physically, that I just can't do it anymore. I blame that on getting up at 5:00 am every day, dealing with teenagers all day long, and plain a simply, just a really weak body. But those times that I do exercise, I love! I especially love going to the gym. I am more of a gym person than I am an outdoors person. Don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors, I just feel like I push myself harder in the gym. Lately, I have been going through one of my not so strong times. It's all I can do to stay awake on the drive home. I have to munch on something the whole way home in order to not be a hazard to other drivers. It's ridiculous! But today, I decided that after all the peanut m&m's, I needed to get on the treadmill and work off a few calories.
Because of my college classes, I trained myself to read and run at the same time. It makes the time fly and I get something out of it at the same time. I am reading a new book called, "The Last Lecture". It's about this man who was diagnosed with cancer; and after a very hard fight, the cancer returned, this time stronger and he was given just a few months to live. So, he decided to write a book about his life. Mostly the lessons that he had learned during his life. I have decided that there is so much to be learned from other people. He jumps all over the place in this book. From childhood, to teaching, to marriage and family. He just seems to have great advice for all who read the book. One quote that I pulled from the book really stuck with me. Probably because I have a tendancy to do the exact opposite. He says "never make a decision until you have to."
I really like this, because sometimes I feel so rushed into making spurr of the moment decisions, that afterwards, I feel like was a mistake. I am happier knowing that we do have time in this life to think things through before we make decisions; especially the big ones. I would hate to make the wrong one...
No comments:
Post a Comment