Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today was good; tonight was difficult. 

That was the opening line in my journal tonight.  And as I wrote, I just cried.  And then I thought of the one place on earth where I always found peace and the one person who could always talk me out of a funk. 

That place is dear to my heart, and yet it holds some good memories and some bad.  I've written about "the farm" before.  Tonight, I long to go on a drive with my dad and head to the farm.  I long to tell him about my future plans and my dreams and the path I need to take to get there.  I long to help him build his dream barn and talk till I'm blue in the face.

You see, dad was just so good at letting me talk.  I could ask questions about anything and he would answer; sometimes we would discuss religion, sometimes politics, sometimes school, sometimes history.  But it didn't matter.  I could talk.  And I would magically forget all the hard things and I would leave the farm happier than when I got there.

I miss those days.  And tonight, how I wish that I could be there....





No comments:

Post a Comment